2 questions for random questions using a question bank

Chris Jarvis
Chris Jarvis
  • Chris Jarvis
  • 11 months ago

Hello

I have set up a number of quizzes that use their own question bank of 20 questions but I only want a different number of questions being picked from that bank each time the quiz is started to mix up the questions being asked and the order that they appear to stop cheating that bit more.

The quizzes work great in that they only pick the right number of questions I set from the pool available in the question bank. For example only pick 7 questions from the question bank and you have to answer 5 correct to pass.

This works but the question number for each question of the 7 has numbers like 41, 42 and 43 appearing next to them as you work through. Where do I find the setting to make each new quiz attempt to show the number 1 for the first question for the student taking the quiz rather than a high number that might make them think they have started mid quiz?

Also my questions that are chosen from the question bank aren't being randomised even though I think I have set that in the case part. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong or missing something.

I have attached some images to show the question number being higher that the question order and also where i tried to select randomly picking questions from a bank.

I have done 6 quizzes now and they all come out in the order I put the questions in and I aren't being asked any of the later question bank questions.

I hope I am explaining things properly and thanks as always for any help you can give Maverick.

Thanks so much for the earlier help in the private support ticket too - brilliant thanks and helped me a lot.

Things are looking really good on my website now as I get ready to launch it. Nearly there with it all

Chris

Attachments

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 8 of 8 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai